The Student Society of Human Resource Development (SSHRD) is a society created by the students for the students. Here we explore opportunities to come closer and get organized as a formal forum of students with a common interest, which is Human Resource Development. SSHRD is proud to be associated with the American Society of Training and Development. As members of SSHRD we can expect opportunities in the areas of professional and academic development.
For additional membership information and to submit an application, click here!
Note to Employers: To verify active memberships, please email our officers at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Professional and Academic Opportunities
- Receive updates regarding available internships and job opportunities via e-mail, Facebook, and website
- Share and expand knowledge on various HRD topics, personal and professional experience with other SSHRD members
- Networking opportunities with HRD Faculty, Staff, Board Members, and Alumni Human Resource Development
- Establish business contacts with the help of SSHRD and ASTD – Houston Partnership
HRD Program Overview at University of Houston
As an HRD graduate student, you will explore a dynamic collection of theoretical and practical solutions to leading, managing, and solving performance issues in organizations.
Our curriculum offers studies in training and development, career development, and organization development. Lead by a faculty with industry experience and research expertise, our goal is to develop HRD professionals that can make a significant impact on learning and performance at the individual, group, and organization levels.
Positions HRD graduates qualify for include:
- Instructional Designer
- Program Evaluator
- Training Specialist
- Performance Consultant
- E-Learning Consultant
- Program Designer
- Career Development Counselor
- Organizational Change Agent
- Organizational Design Consultant
- HR Strategic Advisor
Click here for more information on the HRD program at University of Houston.