The College of Technology is associated with a growing number of centers which explore and extend some areas of our expertise.
- Abramson Center for the Future of Health – Focusing on the future of health care in terms of personalization, decision-making and a free flow of information and technology.
- Coordination of Robotics Education – Provides youth robotics programs to motivate students to study Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields throughout their education, and to pursue STEM related careers. CORE offers an innovative collection of programs that fit our community and the needs of our youth.
- Center for Information Security Research and Education – Designed to leverage the university’s strengths as part of the solution to the nation’s Homeland Security needs and deficit of information assurance talent and resources.
- Center for Life Sciences Technology – Helping to fulfill the workforce needs for the life sciences industry in Texas.
- Center for Logistics and Transportation Policy – Addresses the challenges of applied research, policy issues and workforce training for current and future employees in the field of logistics and transportation.
- Center for Technology Literacy – Established in 2001, the mission of the Center for Technology Literacy (CTL) is to enhance the understanding of technological activity in individuals and organizations and to conduct research on the development of a technologically literate citizenry.
- Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center – Assisting small and medium sized manufacturing concerns in the Texas Gulf Coast region to become more effective and efficient.
- Center for Applied Technology is currently under development